Dating websites are rising and assist all the singles and enthusiasts all over the world to take advantage of adding a new dimension in their life. But the new attitude towards meeting strangers on the internet also features some dangerous contempt for your personal safety.
It is quite true that your profile can be seen easily by millions of people and you can be ensured that all the people are genuine, so it is highly essential to keep your profile safe and anonymous until you get a potential and genuine match.
Here in this article, we will explain how to protect your profile information from online dating sites and hide your privacy. There are primarily three rules which all of you follow irrespective of any condition.
- Never share your full name, address and phone number publicly on any dating sites
- Say no to any kind of payment information on the dating site
- Keep your photos private if you like to keep it hidden from your parents
Protecting your profile information in online dating sites is all about the ability to take a safety measure on who you are and what you do. You have to make it private your name, date of birth, address and phone number. Here are the following features which you should follow to protect your profile information.
Protect your online profile with a strong password
- Never create a fresh account through Facebook or Instagram and use the same username for different online dating services
- Do not share your complete name and full address, use a fake contact number and less used or a new email address
- Reveal information like your goals, hobbies, and likes haphazardly so that no one can able to identify you
- Always keep your location off while using the online dating apps and say no to someone who tries to ask for your personal information if you are not comfortable to share.
Besides all the above criteria you should also need to take below safeguards
Choose the proper website
According to research, there are more than 5000 online dating sites all over the world. Hence it is quite overwhelming to find the right site. If you want to protect your profile information then check the reputation of the site by making extensive research. Search for the number of member subscriptions and go through the reviews first-hand to access the experiences of the members.
Paid or a free dating website
The paid websites usually house more members and it proof the authenticity and here you can come across people who are committed to meet people in real life and genuine. As the members are paying for meeting someone hence, they are more serious as compared to the members who use the sites for free.
Finally, we can say it is good to keep your communication with other members low and report anything that you feel offensive and threating. So that you will enjoy being on the journey in the online dating site and meet the best companion for yourself.